National Identity Card Availability Online | Check ID Card Status Online: In this post am going to teach you the steps on how to check your national identity card status. ID cards are becoming common throughout the world. Many countries are implementing them with the claim that these ID cards will help improve national and international security. These cards have also been important in the fight against identity theft.
To ensure that these cards are 100 percent accurate, many of these cards incorporate bio metrics, which are physical characteristics that identify the individual, which makes these cards increasingly more difficult to forge.
The Nigerian Federal Government Agency, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is mandated to ensure that all citizens of Nigeria have a national identity card (ID). There is a registration process at the place where citizens of Nigeria can enter any of the NIMC centers to register for their ID. This national ID card aims to identify citizens and prevent illegal immigrants in the country.
What is National Identity Card?
National identity card is a portable document (which is usually plasticized and digital insert card information) that any resident or citizen of a country that is issued and required to conduct as a means of identification.
Importance Of National Identity Card
1. Information Association: ID cards help associate a lot of information with a particular person.
2. Identity Theft: ID cards help combat identity theft. If a country has universal standards for ID cards and is able to prevent forgery of these cards, conducting identity theft can be more difficult because the owner of the ID card can prove his identity.
3. Illegal Employment: National ID cards will likely be used to fight illegal employment. Those who are undocumented immigrants are not allowed to work within many countries. Authentic national ID cards will help employers identify if a job applicant is actually a citizen of the country.
4. Voting: Some citizens might try to vote in elections more than once. Many times, they come up with fictional characters so that a candidate can get additional votes.
The NIN (National Identification Number) in the National Identification Card is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you’ll be using your NIN for
1. Obtaining your National e-ID card
2. Travel (international passport application & acquisition)
3. Opening personal bank accounts
4. Getting your driver’s license
5. Obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
6. Participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
7. Payment of your taxes
8. Transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
9. Access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
10. Transactions with social security implications.
The NIMC has created an easy process for all those who participated in the registration to check if your permanent plastic ID card is available. The way created to check the availability of the national ID card for the collection is a web portal.
National Identity Card Availability How To Check Status Online
To check your National Identity Availability online simply follow this guideline for easy accessing
1. On your browser, visit the official link at https://touch.nimc.gov.ng
2. Once the page opens, scroll down and ‘click on proceed’
3. Fill in the form below which contains space for your first name, last name, and National Identification Number(last 6 digit of the number)
With this guideline you can now access you ID status for collection.
More from Primedon