2017 WHO Recruitment: Application is hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the ongoing 2017 WHO Recruitment, here is a step to step guide on how to apply for the following job vacancies at World Health Organization.
2017 WHO Recruitment is currently recruiting for the following positions
Job Description – Radio Operator (1701860)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Primary Location: Nigeria-Bauchi
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position:
To enhance the effective delivery of WHO technical and managerial programmes through electronic communication for locating and contacting all personnel and also to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance of all electronic communication equipment.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objectives:
The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high-quality immunization services that will contribute to
(a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity, and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
(b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Under the general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with following tasks;
1. Operate High Frequency and Very High-Frequency radio communication equipment.
2. Monitoring vehicles and personnel in all parts of the country using radio and phones. Ensuring daily reporting for the entire vehicle fleet.
3. Maintaining good working condition of fixed and mobile radios through troubleshooting, installations, and repair. Generate fault reports of all electronic communication equipment
4. Train newly arriving/visiting staff in the proper use of radio communication equipment and protocol.
5. Ensure efficient and optimal utilization of available communication equipment.
6. Enforcing MOSS compliance in travel and communication through monitoring and information sharing.
7. Completing online security clearance requests for all travelers using the in-country road and all air travel.
8. Close monitoring of CCTV devices in the wake of heightened insecurity in the country and real-time reporting to management for action.
9. Dispatching outgoing official mail to all recipients in the city of operation and other State WHO offices.
10. Supporting the agency security officer in the collation of security information from various sources within and outside the organization.
11. Dissemination of security advisory through the bulk SMS system.
12. Booking security briefing for all personnel in Abuja and supporting completion UNDSS online courses.
Skills & Competencies Required
1. Ability to operate radio and Satellite communication equipment
2. Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Excel software
3. Fluent in written and spoken English
4. Communicating in a Credible and Effective Way;
5. Fostering integration and teamwork;
6. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Educational Qualification For WHO Recruitment 2017
1. Completion of Secondary education – Essential
2. National Diploma in Radio/Mass Communication; Higher National Diploma/ University Degree – Desirable
1. Minimum 5 years radio equipment operation – Essential
2. Capacity to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
3. Troubleshooting faults in communication equipment
4. Experience in multicultural environments – Desirable
How To Apply For 2017 WHO Recruitment
For Interested & qualified applicant CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Multiple application is not entertained
- Online application is free
- Application ends on 30th June 2017
If you want us to help you with more information about the 2017 WHO Recruitment intake form & guide, kindly subscribe to this site and get the latest update of any recruitment. subscription if FREE.
More from Primedon