US customs and boarder protection officer recruitment 2017- The US customs and boarder protection officer recruitment 2017 is on going now and interested applicants are advised to apply for this great job opportunity with a huge amount of salary ranging from $32,844.00 – $87,893.00 per year.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security. It is charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs, and immigration. It has its headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Aims Of US Customs And Boarder Protection Officer
1. Preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States.
2. Responsible for apprehending individuals attempting to enter the United States illegally, including those with a criminal record.
3. Stemming the flow of illegal drugs and other contraband.
4. Protecting United States agricultural and economic interests from harmful pests and diseases.
5. Protecting American businesses from intellectual property theft.
Customs And Boarder Protection Officer
A fully trained customs and boarder protection officer (CBPO) is eligible for up to $35,000 in overtime pay. the starting salary for his position may be higher in certain duty locations.
1. Start as a CBPO in july 2017 as GS-5 and make GS GS $32,844 – $67,844 per year.
2. Promoted in july 2018 to GS-7 and make $40,684 – $75,684 per year
3. Promoted in july 2018 to GS-9 and make $49,765 – $84,765 per year
4. Promoted in july 2018 to GS-11 and make $60,210 – $95,210 per year
5. Promoted in july 2018 to GS-12 and make $72,168 – $107,168 per year
Being a customs and boarder protection officer makes you valuable member of the federal law enforcement agency officer profession and your typical assignment includes
1. Enforcing customs, immigration and agricultural law and regulation.
2. Conducting inspection of individuals and conveyances.
3. Determining the admissibility of individuals for entry into the united states
4. Facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel.
5. Preventing the illegal entry of individual and prohibited goods and the smuggling of illegal smuggling of drugs and other contraband.
Job Requirement For The Customs And Boarder Protection Officer
- You must successfully pass a polygraph examination.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Convictions of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are disqualifying.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must have resided in the U.S. for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
- Referred for selection prior to your 40th birthday (waiver for veterans).
- Must meet job-related medical, fitness and drug-testing standards.
- You will be required to work regular and recurring shift work.
- Will be required to carry a firearm.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualifications For Customs And Boarder Protection Officer
The qualification requirements listed below must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Three years of general work experience that demonstrates the ability to meet and deal with people and the ability to learn and apply a body of facts; OR
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; OR
- A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and general work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and official or unofficial transcripts submitted with your application.
How To Apply For The Customs And Boarder Protection Officer 2017
Application closes on the 3/31/2017 hurry now and apply. If you want us to help you with more information about the Customs And Boarder Protection Officer 2017.
kindly use the comment box for your questions we are here to guide you on how to apply, Always remember to bookmark us for more info THANKS!
More from Primedon